There are many fragrance that distinguish with the concentration of the ingredients on it.
- Scented products for example Lotions, creams, powders, body splashes, aftershaves, soaps, and other scented cosmetic products contain variable (though usually very small) amounts of fragrance often less than 3%.
- Eau de cologne compound in an alcohol-water base also containing about 3% perfume . It’s invariably much lighter than a concentrated perfume. Men’s cologne, typically with 5% to 8% perfume compound, is more concentrated than women’s and is similar to the strength of eau de toilette.
- Eau de toilette is an alcohol or water based perfume containing 3% to 8% perfume compound. Less concentrated than eau de parfum, it’s often used to create a lighter version of a fragrance.
- Eau de parfum is an alcoholic perfume solution containing 10% to 15% perfume compound.
- Perfume is the most highly concentrated form of fragrance, containing between 20% and 50% perfume compound. The strongest and the longest-lasting option, it’s also the most expensive.